Even after following a good oral hygiene routine, many people still require a filling to seal the decay or repair a damaged tooth. White fillings can help treat issues like cavities, chips, cracks and protect roots in case of gum recession.
White fillings, also known as composite fillings, are a durable solution and also have the same color as your existing tooth enamel.
Why should you choose white fillings?
White fillings are the best type of fillings available for numerous reasons. Some of them are listed below:
- They fill a cavity and reshape the tooth easily. They can be made to exactly match their shape, texture, and translucency. Hence, your tooth would be restored to shape despite having a cavity.
- Damages to a tooth, such as a crack, can be repaired with the help of filling. They help in holding the tooth intact and prevent its failure.
- When your teeth are inappropriately spaced, i.e., when the space between adjacent teeth is too much, the filling material can be used to eliminate it.
- When you need to restore chipped teeth or teeth which have been worn out, dental fillings can be used.
- They are non-toxic. The composite resin perfectly blends with the natural tooth and strengthens it.
What is the procedure involved?
When you visit us, our dentist will conduct a thorough examination and determine the right treatment for your oral condition. If there is a cavity in your tooth, then our dentist will remove the decay and fill it with white fillings.
How can you stay away from cavities or other dental problems?
It is easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using fluoride toothpaste
- Floss every day
- Consume a balanced diet
- Visit your dentist regularly
Please schedule an appointment online or call us to have a consultation with our dentists in your nearest location, and we will be happy to help.