From Bad Breath to Minty Fresh
Bad breath can be annoying for the people who experience it, but more importantly, it’s a nightmare for those who are at the receiving end. Imagine being stuck in a long conversation with someone who just enjoyed an onion-loaded cheeseburger or someone who generally suffers from halitosis.
So what can you do to get through the day without your breath choking those around you?
The Common Causes of Bad Breath
Bad breath may result from the following:
· The food you eat – apart from the known culprits like garlic and spicy food, other food items with pungent odors can also affect your breath
· Not brushing your teeth of flossing regularly may leave bits of food behind that stay trapped in your teeth and form a layer of plaque that not only leads to unpleasant breath but may also cause other dental problems like cavities
· Dental conditions like chronic dry mouth, or infections resulting from gum disease or other dental treatments
· Problems in other parts of the body such as the gut where metabolism issues may release substances in the body that eventually lead to a foul odor in your mouth.
· Sinus infections and other conditions affecting the mouth and nose.
Do You Have Bad Breath?
While some people are aware of their bad breath issues and will always keep some mouthwash and dental floss handy, others won’t even realize it until someone actually tells them. The best thing to do is to find someone you’re close to and ask them to check for you.
Bad Breath isn’t Permanent
If you do have bad breath, the good news is that it’s not permanent. Solutions range from basic home remedies to a dentist’s visit.
Start off by brushing with fluoride toothpaste and flossing regularly. If you have gut issues or dry mouth that are causing the smell, remove unhealthy foods from your diet, and try and cut back on your caffeine intake. When these changing habits don’t work, it’s time for a trip to the dentist. They’ll help you figure out why your breath reeks and what can be done to make it possible for you to interact with people without worrying about the smell.
Book an appointment with Dr. Darian and get minty-fresh breath all day.